From Quiapo to Binondo to Divisoria and the "Other" Face of Metro Manila - Wandering Pinoy

Wandering Pinoy

iBlog and iWander

Home Top Ad

Monday, October 12, 2015

From Quiapo to Binondo to Divisoria and the "Other" Face of Metro Manila

Out of boredom, I decided to wander a few weeks ago and, instead of "malling," I thought of visiting Quiapo, Binondo, Recto and Divisoria. It was a hot day but, nonetheless, I still pushed through with the plan and I didn't really care if it was too hot or whatsoever. Besides, I had my umbrella with me and I took advantage of air-conditioned buses and LRT.

At Ongpin Street at Binondo visiting CNN Travel recommended resto.  Cafe Mezzanine is indeed a must-visit resto when visiting Binondo.

From Makati where I'm currently based [after 12 years of stay in Baguio City], I went to Market-Market, rode a BGC bus going to Ortigas and traveled via LRT and dropped by Carriedo. It took me approximately three hours to reach my destination due to traffic and long queue at the LRT station. [See the disadvantage if your new in the Metro? You need to take all those rides because you aren't familiar with the "short-cuts" yet. Haha!]

Here are some of the photos taken during my recent escapade:

At Quaipo Church. Big thanks to my umbrella for keeping me protected from the scorching sun.
Inside Quiapo Church. Mass was ongoing when I entered the church.
The facade of Quiapo Church.
The Bank of Philippines Islands housed in a Spanish-built building at Escolta.
First time to visit Manila Chinatown.
Solo shot at Manila Chinatown. 
I couldn't help but be amazed by these Chinese signages. 

Inside Binondo Church.

One thing that I didn't like about the escapade? Well, it's hot and crowded.  The experience, on the other hand, was memorable and, like I always say, worth blogging for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your comments. I'll be glad to reply to you anytime soon.