Filipino Men's Fashion Tips for the Rainy Season - Wandering Pinoy

Wandering Pinoy

iBlog and iWander

Home Top Ad

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Filipino Men's Fashion Tips for the Rainy Season

Rainy season in the Philippines is here! Are you prepared? "No matter your personal aesthetic, an outfit always looks cooler and more stylish when it’s appropriate for the weather conditions. Practicality is a very important function of clothing, and should always remain," according to The Style Blogger.

As mentioned in my Twitter update a couple of days back, I will be incorporating "Filipino men's fashion" on my blog, and to officially start it, I thought of blogging about "men's style for the rainy/cold season." As you all know, June to December are rainy months in the Philippines. I'm pretty sure my post will definitely be a big help for all Pinoy fashionistas out there.

I've read some online tips on how men can stay stylish even on rainy/wet seasons, and here's what I found:

1. Wear yellow and lightweight trench. According to The Style Blogger "yellow is a refreshing yet traditional color for rainwear. It’s a great way to pull-off some color, in a time when the streets are flooded with navy, grey and black." Lightwear trench, on the other hand, adds comfort and it's easy to dry.

2.  Use umbrella and Parka Jackets. Umbrella is one of the best ways to beat the rain. I highly recommend Hydro Techno umbrellas. Hydro Techno Umbrellas are available in all SM Department Stores nationwide as well as SM Hypermarkets. On the other hand, the parka jacket was seen in various forms throughout many autumn/winter preview high fashion collections. It was originally a jacket in a khaki shade, helping American soldiers stay hidden amongst the dense shrubbery.

3. Use waterproof outerwear and wet weather footwear."Shoes are a vital component of any outfit.When you’re faced with spring showers, your footwear choice should be as pragmatic as your outerwear," according to The Style Blogger. Waterproof outerwear, on the other hand, will keep you dry on the rainy season.

Tips on how Filipino men can be stylish on rainy seasons are endless but I came up with three major tips only. I'm pretty sure these tips are helpful. Photos in this post aren't mine. I'll have my own photos uploaded anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your comments. I'll be glad to reply to you anytime soon.