Solobackpacking Subic Beach, Juag Lagoon, Calintaan Island and Tikling Island: The Pride of Matnog, Sorsogon - Wandering Pinoy

Wandering Pinoy

iBlog and iWander

Home Top Ad

Saturday, May 3, 2014

Solobackpacking Subic Beach, Juag Lagoon, Calintaan Island and Tikling Island: The Pride of Matnog, Sorsogon

Matnog in Sorsogon City is the southernmost part of Bicol Region, and I'm proud to say that I have conquered it lately. Considered as one of the busiest seaports in the Philippines, Matnog is the jump off point to the southern Philippines and vice-versa. I didn't really have a "pre-planned itinerary" going to Matnog but my "being travelholic" (if there's such term) took my sanity away so I ended up traveling  "there." I particularly look for Subic Island which the town is known for.

Arrival at Subic Beach at Subic Island in Matnog, Sorsogon. What I like about the place is its natural wonders. 
Nope, this is not in Palawan. This is in Bicol, my hometown. According to our bangkero, this place is called Kalintaan Cave. We didn't go to the cave anymore because we didn't have enough time. 
Registration must be accomplished first before heading to our destinations. The cashier informed us that the boatwill take us to Subic Beach, Tikling Island and Calintaan Cave. Regitrastion per head is Php70.00 as of this writing while the boat costs Php1600.00. 
If not because of these ladies, then, I should have shouldered the boat fee alone. Good thing I saw them. Haha! They're from Bicol University. On my left is Joanne, college instructor. 
Clear water greeted us on our way to Juag Lagoon Marine Sanctuary. 
Arrival at Juag Lagoon. The lagoon is owned by Alex Geneblazo. For more information about this must-visit Marine Sanctuary visit their Facebook Fanpage.
At the the lagoon. "Juag Lagoon Marine Sanctuary is a center created toward the preservation of the local marine wildlife. public education, and enjoyment" according to it's Facebook page. 
That's yours truly at the lagoon. Entrance fee is free but when we went there we were not allowed to swim because the fishes might be disturbed. You can also feed the fishes but you need to but their food at Php50.00 (price as of this writing).
The water is soooo clear. Unfortunately, I forgot the names of these fishes. I'll figure it out in my next visit.  
Our next destination is Subic Beach. See photo above. 
Subic Beach is located at Barangay Calintaan in Matnog, Sorsogon. Others say that this place might be "the edge of the world."
At the beach gifted with powdery white sand. 
Other visitors and tourists flock the area. Cottage at the beach costs Php350.00. A "house" is also available for those who want to stay "overnight" but don't have tents and the like. Overnight camping is allowed at beach. Police officers are also in the area to secure the place. 
That's yours truly on our way to Calintaan Cave. 
Calintaan Cave is just sooo amazing. Unfortunately, we didn't have enough time to get in there. 
Our "final" destination: Tikling Island. Tikling reminds me of a farm bird but I didd't see them at the Island. Now, I wonder why the island was named "Tikling." Haha! I heard though that there are "wild pigs" in this island. 
That's yours truly enjoying the clear and refreshing seawater at Tikling Island. 
At Tikling Island, also in Matnog, Sorsogon. 
It says "You are now leaving the island of Luzon." Thank you Matnog for the awesome experience. Till we see again!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your comments. I'll be glad to reply to you anytime soon.