Now Serving: Grumpy Joe Baguio City - Wandering Pinoy

Wandering Pinoy

iBlog and iWander

Home Top Ad

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Now Serving: Grumpy Joe Baguio City

According to my new found best friend, vocabulary.com, "grumpy" means "annoyed and irritable." For example, "when your friend suggests a restaurant but you’re in a bad mood so you say “That’s a stupid restaurant” — even though you don’t really mind it — then you’re being grumpy, meaning irritable or grouchy." So that's grumpy which reminds me always of Grumpy Joe, the newest addition to Baguio City's must-try restaurants.
Grumpy Joe is now open to serve the City of Pines. Grumpy Joe serves Pizza, Pasta, Frappes, Wings and meals. 
This way to Grumpy Joe. Look at the red arrow pointing up. Climb a few steps and you'll find Grumpy Joe.
We've seen Grumpy Joe a few days back after our coffee session at Starbucks-Camp John Hay so we decided to drop by there "someday." I think I was with Aaron, Lourdes and Arjay when we saw the big Grumpy Joe sign from the cab. Earlier today, Arjay invited me to eat and when he recommended Grumpy Joe, I didn't hesitate to say "yes." I've always wanted to try new restos or cafes here in Baguio City, and Grumpy Joe is part of my "to-go-list."

Inside Grumpy Joe. Umm, let the picture talk. 
We arrived at Grumpy Joe around eleven in the morning and we were surprised that they jam-packed which, I think, is probably because of the ongoing graduation ceremony. Good thing the other guests were done eating and they left so we occupied the seats near the window. I'm also glad that the waiter is kind enough to offer us the free table.

The food questors! In this photo: Yours Turly, Lourdes and Arjay. 
How's The Food?
I love the food. Honestly. I have enjoyed my Grumpy Fried Chicken with Rice and Potato Salad and I also knew that Lourdes and Rjay also did. Lourdes had Combo A  (spaghetti, chicken, fries and pizza) while Arjay had Beef Calzone. I also tasted the Calzone and it tasted real good - definitely a must-try if you're planning to check Grumpy Joe. Grumpy Joes' Shirley Temple is also very refreshing.

Grumpy Joe's Menu. 
My choice: Grumpy Fried Chicken with rice and potato salad. 
Lourdes' pick:  Combo A includes spaghetti, Chicken, Pizza and Fries. 
Arjay's choice: Beef Calzones. Highly recommended!!! A calzone is a folded pizza, usually shaped like a half-moon and stuffed with cheese and possibly vegetables, meat, and/or sauce and it can be baked or fried. 
Our drinks! Our refreshers! In this photo (l-r): Raspberry tea, Shirley Temple and White Chocolate Raspberry. 
How's The Place?
The place is clean but it's relatively small. I think 50 guests won't fit at Grumpy Joe so it is not highly recommended that you go there in groups unless you reserve it. Since it is crowded, expect noise, especially from kids, and a little bit "hotter" dining experience especially if the weather is hot. I didn't see any electric fans and the like in the area to, at least, "freshen up" the visitors. I think this is "understable" and "forgiveable" because Grumpy Joe started last month and they are still in the processing of "modifying" and "beatifying" the entire dining area. Well, I hope this happens and I also think it's better if Grumpy Joe will have another branch somewhere in Session Road. I think it's gonna be great.:

For all chili-lovers out there! This is extremely spicy! Haha!
How's The Service?
Our food was served faster than what I expected so I'm gonna give Grumpy Joe a "9" out of "10" - 10 being the highest. Although, the service was fast I have notice that the service crew aren't "that friendly" or "amiable" unlike other fast food chains (e.g.  Jollibee.) They lack smile - which I think is probably because they're already tired given the number of customers they've catered to prior to us. I must admit though that I like their overall customer services. They're polite, and the manager on duty (I think) is also very friendly.

Life is sublime so chill-out with a flavored frozen coffee only at Grumpy Joe!!!
The Best Sellers?
I asked the waiter (so far his the most helpful waiter) what's Grumpy Joe's best-sellers and he told me they have have "red bullets." Here's what I've got:

  • 5 Cheese Pizza - cream cheese, eden or home-made cheese, cheddar, and mozzarella in one pizza
  • Pepperoni Pizza with Jalapeno and Anchovy - tomato paste topped with Pepperoni, Jalapeno and Anchovy
  • Grumpy Joe Pizza - with pepperoni, bell pepper, mushroom, onion, tomato, pineapple tidbits, ham, ground beef, bacon and black olive
  • Marinara
  • Lasagna
  • Spicy Seafood
  • Blueberry Cheesecake - Umm, I will definitely try this in my next visit
  • Grumpy Joe Special Burger
  • Chili Dog
  • Grumpy Joe Fried Chicken
Will I Recommend Grumpy Joe?
Definitely yes! Visit them at Leonard Wood here in Baguio City, near Yamashita Japanese Restaurant. For more information about them, visit and like their official Facebook Fanpage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your comments. I'll be glad to reply to you anytime soon.