We Conquered Million Volunteer Run 2 by Red Cross - Wandering Pinoy

Wandering Pinoy

iBlog and iWander

Home Top Ad

Monday, February 11, 2013

We Conquered Million Volunteer Run 2 by Red Cross

The Million Volunteer Run 2 by the Philippine National Red Cross held on February 10, 2013 here in Baguio City was successful and, if my calculation (or assumption) is accurate, there were more than 1000 participants who joined the said fun run. As usual, I was with my fellow QAs Leah and Theresa. Coach Elsa, Leny and Sally (and her sister) also joined us. Unfortunately, Aaron was not able to run because he needs to "take care" of his mom. Ace, on the other hand, opted not to join because he will join another fun run third week of this month somewhere in La Union. (Thanks Theresa for the photos. I owe you "a tea-treat" at Heaven Leaf Tea.)

@ Outdoor Kinetics! We went to Outdoor Kinetics after our breakfast at Mommy's Restaurant but, unfortunately, they're still closed. Outdoor Kinetics in located at G/F Panagbenga Office Building, Burnham Park, Baguio City (near Children's Playground). It's a must-see place for "sporty" people! 

Anyway, the "race start" which was originally scheduled at 5:30 in the morning was delayed (or perhaps intentionally delayed) due to some reasons which are still unclear to me as of this writing. The most logical reason that I can think of right now is "some VIPs" were late, or probably the organizer encountered some technical issues which I, honestly, find a bit weird.

Guess who's with me? I'm with Che Alberto, Baguio City's  #1 race coordinator and running event organizer.  I first met here last quarter of last year when I registered for the 36th National Milo Marathon but it was only yesterday that I was able to ask her "Ma'am Che, can I have a photo with you?" Haha!  Good thing she "granted" my request.

And guess what? Some local politicians are also at the event - I mean five minutes or so before the "adjusted" race start. Of course, the didn't run. I think they went there to "grace" the event, or perhaps they went there for some "deeper" reasons. Just perhaps.

Photo-shoot after the race. My running buddies from our workplace! L-R: Leah, Elsa and Theresa. We've conquered 5K division again! 

I already joined several fun runs but yesterday's run was the most memorable. Why? Well, it's because I had a chance to have "picture-picture" with Ma'am Che Alberto, the race coordinator/director of majority of the fun runs and marathons here in Baguio City. I first met her last quarter of last year when I registered for the 36th National Milo Marathon.

Yours truly together with other finishers! It's more fun running especially if you know that you're running for a cause...you're running to save lives. I choose to run to save lives! 

After the race, we went to Mommy's Restaurant in front of the City Hall for an affordable yet "yummylicious" breakfast. That was my first time to check the place. Right after our breakfast, we decided to drop by Outdoor Kinetics at Burnham Park, however, they're closed so we decided to go home instead.

Thank you Red Cross and Smart Telecommunications for making our run fun! We're looking forward for more runs like this. Thank you also to all who joined the run! 

By the way, I will be in Sagada, Mountain Province on February 15-18 so, until now, I haven't decided yet if I will join the PhilHealth Nationawide Fun Run slated on the 17th of this month. I will finalize my decision a  day or two before the run. "PhilHealth Run 2013 is also one of the largest fund-raising events in the country that aims to raise funds to support organizations and institutions that cater to our country’s mothers and children."

1 comment:

  1. Quality cοntent is the secrеt to bе a focus foг the vіsitoгs to go to sеe
    the web page, that's what this site is providing.

    Feel free to surf to my webpage megas

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave your comments. I'll be glad to reply to you anytime soon.