Friday, April 13, 2012 - Wandering Pinoy

Wandering Pinoy

iBlog and iWander

Home Top Ad

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Friday, April 13, 2012

I was at the National Bookstore in Abanao Square two days ago, looking for some stuffs in preparation for the Quality Board in Site 3, when I met my old colleague from UP. It was actually her who first recognized me so if she didn't say "hi" I wouldn't have recognized her. (You know, I'm not good in memorizing old faces aside from the fact that I don't have a 20/20 vision.) She was my orgmate, and the only thing that I can remember about  her when we were in UP is she's the bravest "newbie" during "the initiation."

We talked, and the first thing that she asked me was "Saan ka na ngayon?", referring to where I'm working now. I told her I'm working at Sitel - although I'm a bit hesitant to tell her because UP doesn't encourage its graduates or students to work in call centers. During our conversation, I learned that she's currently working at Axa Philippines, a life insurance provider highly recognized by Insurance Commission, and she's still active in progressive activities which UP is known for. In fact, she told me that they'll have rally against SM Baguio at 3:00 pm on that day - which I didn't ignore at all. I told her "Wow, good for you. I don't have time for that stuffs anymore, considering the nature of my job. I work at night and I sleep in the morning." She smiled and she responded "Yeah." Just "Yeah" and that's all. We talked for almost 30 minutes and every time she talked about ***confidential*** I felt like I'm so numb and insensitive to what's going on around.

That was two days ago! Earlier today, I went to SM Baguio to pay my HSBC bill. Banks are normally closed on Sundays so I have no choice but to go to SM Baguio. So far, it's the best option and the best alternative. I also find it very convenient aside from the fact that they don't have extra charges.

I went to SM Baguio earlier and took this photo. Despite SMs plan to earthball pines trees for its expansion project, still it's flocked by hundreds of shoppers, both local and foreign.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your comments. I'll be glad to reply to you anytime soon.