How Did Celebrities React to Pacquiao's Defeat - Wandering Pinoy

Wandering Pinoy

iBlog and iWander

Home Top Ad

Monday, June 11, 2012

How Did Celebrities React to Pacquiao's Defeat

The Pacquiao-Bradley fight result wherein Manny Pacquaio lost through a split decision gained attention among netizens, especially on Twitter and Facebook, the two most famous social networking sites. Fact is, it became trending on Twitter worldwide, and several celebrities - both local and foreign- expressed their opinion regarding the fight result. Here are some (I took the screenshot from verified Twitter accounts only.):

Oscar De La Hoya's reaction on Pacquiao-Bradley fight result - "Bradley should have given the belt and announce victory to Paquiao right after the decision."

 
Jessica Sanchez' reaction on Pacquiao-Bradley fight result - "Congrats to the new winner but I'm still really upset about the results."

Miley Cyrus' reaction on Pacquiao-Bradley fight result - "I couldn't agree more with the trending topics #mannypacquiaoisstilltheworldsbestboxer."

Nick Carter's reaction on Pacquiao-Bradley fight result -"I think I may never take boxing seriously after that tonight. Manny Pacquiao won that fight! Sad day for boxing, I think we should protest!"

Jimmy Kimmel's reaction on Pacquiao-Bradley fight result -"Paula Abdul would have done a better job judging the @MannyPacquiao fight."

Justin Timberlake's reaction on Pacquiao-Bradley fight result - "I cannot believe what I just saw... Please tell me they read that decision wrong... #Rigged."

Meanwhile, there are reports saying that Bob Arum, Top Rank founder and CEO, will appeal the result. At the post-fight conference, he said "I've never been as ashamed of the sport of boxing as I am tonight. Can you believe that? Unbelievable. I went over to Bradley before the decision and he said, `I tried hard but I couldn't beat the guy.' "

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your comments. I'll be glad to reply to you anytime soon.