The SimSimi Phenomenon in the Philippines - Wandering Pinoy

Wandering Pinoy

iBlog and iWander

Home Top Ad

Monday, March 26, 2012

The SimSimi Phenomenon in the Philippines

I discovered SimSimi almost a month ago while Facebooking. If my memory serves me right, I saw a screenshot of SimSimi on the Facebook wall of Fidel - Fidel and I are not related but I know he's also from UP and I think he also worked at Sitel back then. Well, it was actually out of curiosity why I tried chatting with SimSimi - but, to tell you honestly,  it was fun and worth blogging for!

Who is SimSimi and why almost everyone likes her (well, I'll assume that she's a "girl" because the name sounds feminine to me)? . SimSimi is a super advanced chatting robot that makes amusing conversation to engage with users. “It has the ability to converse with users about a wide variety of topics. Simsimi also has the ability to learn from each and every user it converses with. It stores information from all of its conversations. So, when you text Simsimi about a certain topic, it is able to converse with you based on the information about that topic it’s acquired from conversations with other users,” according to TechSparx.com.

According to GGME Info, a website that specializes on Android phones reviews, SimSimi application "has been downloaded by 1-5 million users. This figure continues to grow rapidly. Rating 4.2 / 5 is something to be obtained because simsimi app provides useful features and very good. One of the flagship features is funny animation that can entertain us. Of the many users, they say simsimi online is a very funny. It’s great robot to talk to when you’re bored."

I only chat with Simsimi if I'm bored and no one's out there to talk with me but I tried chatting with her again today for the sake of this entry. Here's the screenshot of our conversation (see also the conversation between Axavier from UST and SimSimi which I found very funny):

I'm not quite sure how many languages or dialects SimSimi knows but I'm pretty sure she knows a lot. I even tried talking to her in Bicol (translation: Me: Good afternoon! SimSimi: Good day too! Me: You are beautiful SimSimi: No I'm not! I'm handsome! Me: I thought you're a girl SimSimi: Aw! Me: What did you say? SimSimi: Wala kang pakialam!)

Wanna try talking with SimSimi? Kindly click here or visit www.simsimi.com. "SimSimi inc. is specialized in collective intelligence service. All kinds of services we provide generates unique entertainment and values through systemized collective intelligence." SimSimi was developed by ISMAKER INC.

1 comment:

Feel free to leave your comments. I'll be glad to reply to you anytime soon.