Midway Grill and Restaurant in San Fernando, La Union - Wandering Pinoy

Wandering Pinoy

iBlog and iWander

Home Top Ad

Thursday, December 18, 2014

Midway Grill and Restaurant in San Fernando, La Union

Our initial plan when we arrived in San Fernando City past twelve noon was to visit Halo-halo de Iloko. This was Ace's decision and because I was his "visitor" (lol) that day, I didn't disagree but for some reasons which I could not clearly recall how and why, we ended up eating at Midway Grill (beside Saint Louis College). I'm not originally from San Fernando so I felt a bit excited dining in an entirely new place to me, and I thought it was also a blessing in disguise because I have been to Halo-halo de Iloko for, say, four or fives times. Revisiting Halo-halo de Iloko (I like the place though) would be a bit less exciting than visiting Midway Grill which is totally unknown to me despite my several escapades in La Union.


It was a bit crowded inside Midway Grill when we entered - which gave me an impression that the resto might be a pretty good one. We took the vacant seat near the entrance and the waiter quickly approached us with a smile on his face. He gladly gave the menu his holding and we took our time looking for something that would make our stay and experience in Midway Grill memorable. We've got Jambalaya and Papaitan and red tea. Papaitan is a famous Ilocano soup dish mostly composed of cow or goat innards. The name of this dish was derived from the Filipino word “Pait”, which means “bitter”. The bitter taste of this soup comes from the bile. This is a bitter juice extracted by the liver and stored in the gallbladder to aid digestion. Jambalaya, on the other hand, is a Louisiana Creole dish of Spanish and French influence. It is is traditionally made in three parts with meat and vegetables, and is completed by adding stock and rice. Ace's nephew, Lance, got Cookies and Cream coolers.

My first time to visit Midway Grill and Restaurant. In this photo: Yours Truly, Ace and Lance. Thank you Ace for the invite. 
The wait time for our food was pretty much acceptable. We didn't wait "that long." I was "really" starving so it's good that our food arrived "on time." It made me happy and, deep inside, I thought of giving Midway Grill a positive review. Anyway, to make my story short (and given the fact that I don't have enough literary power right now) our stay at Midway Grill was pretty rewarding. We enjoyed our food and their staff is friendly. The overall experience is definitely worth blogging for. Thank you Midway Grill - San Fernando City, La Union.

Red Tea.
Midway Grill's Jambalaya. 
Midway Grill's Papaitan.
Midway Grill is located at National Highway, Barangay Carlatan, San Fernando City, La Union - in fron of Saint Louis College. If you're in San Fernando City Plaza, take a jeepney going to Lingsat, San Juan, or Bacnotan. You may also ride a tricycle going there. Tryke drivers know the place. For more details and information about Midway Grill, please contact (072)-700-5233.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your comments. I'll be glad to reply to you anytime soon.