Solobackpacking Ilocos Sur - Wandering Pinoy

Wandering Pinoy

iBlog and iWander

Home Top Ad

Friday, September 26, 2014

Solobackpacking Ilocos Sur

The first time I visited Ilocos Sur was way back 2003 during our History 1 educational field trip. I was with then instructor Eric Javar and my classmates at UP Baguio. Eleven years later, I've decided to visit the place again but this time I was alone - no classmates or whatsoever. Haha! Big thanks to Partas bus for making my trip possible!

 Here are some of the spots that I've check in my recent Vigan escapade:
A kalesa-ride in Vigan is definitely a must-try. You shouldn't miss it. It costs Php100/hour. 
The Spanish Village in Vigan. The Kalesa driver told me that this is also known as the "Mestizo Village."He informed me that the "mestizos"back in the Spanish era lived here. 
That's yours truly at Baluarte. Baluarte is owned by Chavit Singson. Also a must-visit tourist destination in Ilocos Sur. Fact is, a workmate of mine who is from Ilocos Sur, recommended this place to me. 
That's me at Bantay Bell Tower. The kalesa driver told me that the late Fernando Poe Jr had a shooting here before.
I climbed the tower and here's what I saw from there. 
I had fun in Ilocos Sur and I can say that it's one of the most memorable escapades I ever had! Haha!

By the way, doesn't know where to eat in Vigan? Visit Cafe Uno. They are located at #1 Bonifacio Street Corner Quirino Boulevard. For reservations and inquiries,please contact, 09177990121(Cellphone), 077-674-0729(Landline) and 077-632-0987(Fax).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your comments. I'll be glad to reply to you anytime soon.