The Shortcut from Cape Bojeador Lighthouse to the Highway (With Video) - Wandering Pinoy

Wandering Pinoy

iBlog and iWander

Home Top Ad

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

The Shortcut from Cape Bojeador Lighthouse to the Highway (With Video)

When I realized that I overstayed at Cape Bojeador Lighthouse in Burgos, Ilocos Norte, I immediately went down and decided to left the place. Overstaying won't do me any good. Because there were no available tricycles for rent at the lighthouse, I decided to walk - of course alone. Fortunately, one of the vendors told me that there's a shortcut to the highway so I was relieved. I need not walk "that far." The manang told me to check the first pole  and take the "way" there down to the highway. I asked her if it's safe and she confirmed that it is so I didn't worry about climbing down there alone. Fact is,  I got more excited.

Cape Bojeador Lighthouse in Burgos, Ilocos Norte
Check this first "pole" and you'll find the way down to the highway. Thanks to the vendor for telling me the "shortcut."  Estimated time to reach this from the  lighthouse: three minutes.
The way to the highway. I swear it's safe to take this route. I made it alone - safe and sound.
That's me at the "entrance" to the lighthouse after braving the  "shortcut" for the first time. I was safe, and I had so much fun. 
Cape Bojeador Lighthouse, also known as Burgos Lighthouse, is a cultural heritage structure in Burgos, Ilocos Norte, that was established during the Spanish Colonial period in the Philippines. It was first lit on March 30, 1892, and is set high on Vigia de Nagpartian Hill overlooking the scenic Cape Bojeador where early galleons used to sail by. After over 100 years, it still functions as a welcoming beacon to the international ships that enter the Philippine Archipelago from the north and guide them safely away from the rocky coast of the town

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your comments. I'll be glad to reply to you anytime soon.