The Great Escape to Cebu and Camotes Islands Part I - Wandering Pinoy

Wandering Pinoy

iBlog and iWander

Home Top Ad

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

The Great Escape to Cebu and Camotes Islands Part I

Two days ago, I wrote about our Camotes Islands escapade but I thought it's gonna be incomplete if I won't write about what happened prior to our search. I thought it's pretty much cool if I will start writing about our departure at Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) Terminal 4 and, then end my story at NAIA 3 but I realized that it's going to be a pretty lengthy blog entry. Besides, I don't have enough literary power right now - perhaps because typhoon Maring has scared me a lot - or perhaps because I lack enough sleep, courtesy of the nonstop rain and strong wind. Anyway, what I'm going to do today is "more of a photo-blog" but I'll make sure to include a detailed description of what the photo is all about.

With the ladies at the NAIA Terminal 4. Big thanks Tigerair for the safe trip!
Self-mode prior to our check-in. 
Arrival at Mactan-Cebu Internation Airport. In this photo: Ces, Leah, Theresa and Yours Truly.
Experience Cebu! Arrival at Mactan-Cebu International Airport.  In this photo: Ces, Theresa, Yours Truly and Marie. 
Contrary to what we expect, our flight with Tigerair was fine - no delays at all and the cabin crew were absolutely friendly, especially Luis, Mica and Ralph. We arrived in Cebu City past seven in the evening. Then, from Mactan-Cebu International Airport, we hired a cab going to Cebu City proper. We stayed at Sogo Grand Hotel located at Sanchiango Street.

At the the hotel's reception area. In this photo: Marie, Yours Truly, Theresa and Ces. 
Radisson Blu Cebu.
"System overload." Inside the jeepney going to Danao Port. Fare as of this writing is Php35.00
On our way to the ship that will take us to Camotes Islands. In this photo: Yours Truly, Theresa, Marie and Ces.
Travel time from Danao Port to Camotes Islands is approximately two hours. If you're a "travel person," I'm pretty sure that you'll enjoy the ride. When we reached the port at Camotes Islands, Mang Danny, our driver and tour guide whom Cess talked to prior to our ferry ride, approach us with his "Welcome Cess & Company" poster.
Mang Danny, our tour guide and driver, fetched us at the Port in Camotes Islands. He's a great guide. 
Welcome Cess and Company! In this photo: yours Truly, Theresa, Marie, Ces and Leah. 
Because we're starving when we reached the island, Mang Danny brought us to Barbeque Republic (Did I get the name correct?) for lunch. We enjoyed the food a lot. 
We thought this is "kakanin." We learned that this is "rice" sold for Php4.00 each.  Well, I had four, and I was full when we left the place. 
This is it for today. I will blog more about our recent Cebu City and Camotes Islands escapade so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your comments. I'll be glad to reply to you anytime soon.