La Union or Donsol: Which is Better? - Wandering Pinoy

Wandering Pinoy

iBlog and iWander

Home Top Ad

Monday, February 13, 2012

La Union or Donsol: Which is Better?

My vacation leave was approved as early as first week of February but, now, I'm confused whether I'll spend it in La Union with some good old friends or spend it in Donsol, Sorsogon and experience diving with the giant whales, locally known as Butandings.
La Union is only one or two hours drive from Baguio City while Donsol is a 22-hour bus ride from here. Considering the travel time, I'll be able to save more time - not to mention spend less - if I stay in La Union instead of Donsol. The bus fare from Baguio City to Manila is Php455.00 and Manila to Sorsogon air-conditioned  bus fare is roughly Php900. If my calculation is accurate, I'll shell out approximately Php3000 for my fare - including a one-way Fiesta Deal plane ride from Legazpi to Manila - if I settle for a Donsol trip.

On the contrary, I've never been in Donsol before, therefore, visiting the place will be a totally brand new experience - not to mention that diving with the giant whales is absolutely exciting. La Union, on the other hand, is just a few hours ride from Baguio City and I can check it anytime as long as I'm free. .

So, should I settle for a La Union trip with some good old friends? Or should I visit Donsol, Sorsogon instead and, at the same time, visit my family?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your comments. I'll be glad to reply to you anytime soon.